Re: self-introduction

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 18, 2006
      Dear Ven. Pandita, Harry, Badra and friends,

      it is also one of the objectives of Pali Scope to include the
      paradigms of all verbs, nouns and pronouns.

      According to the word list generated by Lennart (see msg#9807), there
      are above 900,000 unqiue words in the Tipitaka. The long list takes
      up 26,382 pages when opened in MS Word! I worked that out to be
      approximately 976,134 unique word forms. Based on my understanding of
      the Pali language and the texts, I worked out a conservative estimate
      of 43,000 uninflected words (I suspect the actual number to be less,
      there are roughly 20,000 entries in PED).

      I suggest that we work together to set these up, which will be very
      useful for Pali students.

      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, Harry Liew wrote:

      Please kindly let me know if you need a volunteer.

      > 1. To get all possible noun stems and case-endings from the input
      of a noun
      > 2. To get all possible verbal stems, verbal endings, and
      paradigmatic forms from the input of a conjugated verb