873Re: CSCD rom how to copy and paste extracts?

  • robertkirkpatrick.rm
    Jun 13, 2002
      ---
      Dear Andy,
      Thanks! I just tested out the copy and paste using your utility and
      it could harldly be any easier or more effective. Exactly what I was
      hoping for.
      Jim Anderson sent me a note saying that for converting whole volumes
      there is a good conversion utility program
      (cscdconv) at: http://www.fsnow.com/pali/
      best
      robert

      In Pali@y..., "Andy" <721910352@t...> wrote:
      > Dear Venerables; Hi Group;
      >
      > Dear Robert;
      >
      > If you only wish to copy a short extract from the CSCD:
      > a) select the text you wish to copy with your mouse (words,
      phrases,
      > sentences, paragraphs)
      > b) press Ctrl-C
      >
      > This will copy the text to the Clipboard, and you can Paste it
      into any
      > other program you wish to use. You will then need to select the
      text, and
      > choose one of the VriRomanPali fonts to see the correct Pali
      characters.

      > Since there are "hard-return" characters and such in the CSCD
      text, I added
      > a feature in Palitrans 2.0 that will clean out most of that for you
      > automatically. There is a button called "Paste from CSCD" in
      Palitrans 2.0

      > If you then with to include the text in Velthuis ("standard
      > transliteration") format, you can use Palitrans 2.0 to do this.
      >
      > a) select the text
      > b) press the "Pali Font to Standard Transliteration" button
      > c) then, you can "Copy and Paste" the text like you would with any
      other
      > program.
      >
      > Palitrans 2.0 is free and available (thanks John Kelly!) in the
      Files
      > section.
      >
      > peace from
      >
      > Andy