8400SV: [Pali] Re: Pali - Every few days - [C270] question for John K.

  • Gunnar Gällmo
    Aug 2, 2005
      --- nyanatusita <nyanatusita@...> skrev:

      > Dear John,
      >
      > I would like to let you know that Ven. Brahmali of
      > Bodhinyana
      > Monastery, Perth, Western Australia, has made
      > already a detailed
      > translation of the Pali exercises in Warder with
      > many footnotes, etc,
      > which I intend to put up at the forthcoming BPS
      > website. PTS was not
      > interested for some reason. I can send you a copy.
      > I dont believe there is a copyright infringment as
      > it is a translation.

      The translator has author's right to the translation,
      if he is still alive or has been dead for (in several
      countries) less than 70 years, but I suppose you have
      got his agreement. As far as the Pali texts are
      citations from the Tipitaka (and I think Warder cites
      mostly from the Diighanikaaya), the authors have most
      probably been dead for more than 70 years; the only
      problem might be if Warder has written some of the
      simpler sentences himself, but then it is debatable if
      these are original enough to be regarded as a proper
      work.

      Gunnar

      gunnargallmo@...
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic