7347Re: objectivity, buddhists with no hope of salvation

    May 1, 2005
      Dear Stephen, Frank and friends,

      in my humble opinion, I think the ongoing waves of Islamic terrorism
      is giving confidence to some Christian fundamentalist groups. I am
      not writing very well on this since most are passing thoughts. I do
      think that top people in the Catholic Church takes this as an
      opportunity to reclaim the grounds they have lost in the past
      decades. As the richest and most powerful religious activists and
      lobbyists, they like to ensure that the Abrahamic faith is preserved
      exactly in the way they preferred, disregarding that its doctrinal
      foundation is shared by numerous religious denominations, all having
      very diverse views of most of the issues. I think there is a
      likelihood we see things coming round to a full circle, and it would
      trigger a new renaissance, only this time it will be a worldwide
      movement and most probably reduce religions to a bare social

      The Buddhist stand on other religions is always embrace and respect,
      and this discussion hardly leads us to anything we want to achieve.
      So, I would suggest that we give the topic a rest, and resume our
      normal activities.