5596Re: Unicode (fonts)

  • Derek
    Oct 1, 2004
      Hi, Alex,

      > May I suggest: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

      That's interesting, but the whole point of my approach on my webpage
      is that I want it to be accessible to as many people as possible
      *without* asking them to download special fonts, let alone asking
      them to download a new browser.

      > Please view this (updated) link and test to see that the pali
      > diacritics display correctly. Please tell me (in private email
      > if you prefer) what browser and platform (Linux, Windows, Mac)
      > you are using. The ~n and ~N do not seem to be displaying
      > correctly; I'll look into that.

      > http://alex.voodooglobe.com/alex/043/29/paliunicode.html

      It still doesn't work for me.

      The characters in the ranges Basic Latin (0–127), Latin-1 Supplement
      (128–255), and Latin Extended A (256–383) are okay. But the
      characters in Latin Extended Additional (7680–7935) still come out
      as squares (i.e. missing glyph).

      The page displays in Times New Roman, which is unicode-compliant in
      the lower ranges, but does not include glyphs for all the characters
      in the Latin Extended Additional character range.

      I used Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6, which is probably a
      pretty common combination nowadays.

      Also, when I follow the link marked "Assuming you have a collection
      of fonts, you can try this test" I get an error message: "Forbidden
      You don't have permission to access /alex/043/29/ on this server."

      Derek.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic