      From: Pali@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Pali@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nina
      van Gorkom
      Sent: July-06-13 12:08 AM
      To: Pali@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Pali] Re: Vimaanavatthu

      Dear Tharpachozang,
      Op 28-jun-2013, om 19:10 heeft tharpachozang het volgende geschreven:

      > If I'm mistaken about this that only the verses are in the Tipitika,
      > then correct me, but I've double-checked on Metta.lk and the Jatakas
      > appear to be very small and only the verses.
      -------
      N: This need not be any problem. In reality there are no persons, no
      deities, only citta, cetasika and ruupa. What can I learn from the Jaatakas
      and commentary? They teach me how to develop what is wholesome, sobhana
      cetasikas, in daily life. That is what really matters. When reading we can
      always consider: what is real now and what can I learn here?
      Some people doubt about the truthfulness of the commentaries, but then, let
      us read them and see what they tell us. That is more convincing than
      historical arguments. Any teaching that helps me to understand reality now I
      find reliable, because I can check it myself.