16016Re: [Pali] The Twin Miracle, Yamaka Patihara

  • Frank K
    Feb 12, 2013

      > F:In the case of Angulimala, is there any other precedent in the
      > > Canon where
      > > someone can commit such heinous crimes as Angulimala and still attain
      > > arahantship or even stream entry in that safe lifetime?
      > -----
      > N: He had killed, but not committed a heinous crime like killing
      > parents or the Buddha. A heinous crime is an impediment. There was
      > not such an imediment.
      >
      > Nina.

      So trying to deliberately murder a Samma Sambuddha, and failing only
      because the Buddha stopped him, is not considered heinous? Just a petty
      crime, a misdemeanor, a mere impediment? In my book, when you have the
      intention, have planned it out, carried it out and almost certainly would
      have succeeded with that action 99% of the time if not for extraordinary
      intervention, the kammic fruit for that is much closer to 99% of full
      kammic fruit than 0%.