15809Re: [Pali] Re: Maatikaa/Maat.rkaa

    May 6 7:06 AM
      Dear Thomas,
      Op 4-mei-2012, om 9:02 heeft thomaslaw03 het volgende geschreven:
      <Vibha.nga ... These maatikaas consist of very old lists, such as the
      five khandhas, the twelve aayatanas etc., which are frequently
      discussed in the Suttapi.taka. Thus, Vibh systematizes old material,
      and this text is considered to be the oldest in the Abhidhammapi.taka.">

      > Accordingly, it seems to me that the term maatikaa can be used not
      > only for Abhidhammas (Abhidhama-maatikaa), but also for
      > Suttapi.taka, i.e., Sutta-maatikaa, in the Pali tradition.
      >
      > -------
      N: The khandhas, dhaatus, aayatanas occur in the whole of the
      Tipitaka. I cannot think so much by way of older or oldest. I think
      that also the Vibhanga itself, and the whole tipitaka go back to the
      Great Councils where they were rehearsed.
      I rather look at the contents of the Matikaa and so I was again
      looking at the Matikaa of the Dhammasa"nga.ni and the first sentence is:

      kusala dhammaa, akusala dhammaa, avyaakataa dhammaa (indeterminate,
      like rupas,
      vipaaka and kiriya and also nibbaana).
      Here is summed up all that is real. Everything else like persons,
      tables are not real in the ultimate sense, they are pa~n ~natti we
      can think of but they do not have their own characteristics that can
      be directly experienced.

      In the text of the Dhsg itself, the beginning is: katame dhammaa
      kusalaa. Here are explained kusala citta and all sobhana cetasikas
      that can accompany it. Many details are given. It is worth while to
      read the Maatika first, it gives such a good summary of all that is
      real.