15799Another paper uploaded
- Apr 22, 2012Dear members,
I have uploaded yet another paper. It is entitled "Buddhism as an ideology of social reform"; you can download the file named "social_reform.pdfL" in the Ven. Pandita folder of the Files section.
As usual, I must say that all rights are reserved since I intend to submit to a peer-review journal.
In this paper, I try to answer three questions:
(1) Was the Buddha a social reformer? (My answer would be NO.)
(2) Was he for, or against, social reformer? (My answer would be: he did not bother.)
(3) Can a Buddhist be a social reformer? (My answer would be: any Buddhist can be a reformer or conservative provided he/she observes the Buddhist moral principles.)
Any feedback is heartily welcome.
- << Previous post in topic