15376Re: [Pali] Pali canon editions

    May 2, 2011
      Dear Brian,

      Apparently, the Dhammakaya people took the liberty to digitize much if not
      all of the PTS materials.

      I'm not sure how it turned out later. As far as I know the PTS has never
      taken legal action against anyone, esp a Buddhist organization which should
      know better :)

      For years I have tried to locate these materials, too. Surely someone out
      there has them or info on them. Do inform us please.

      With metta,

      Piya

      On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Bryan Levman <bryan.levman@...> wrote:

      > Dear Piya,
      >
      > Yes I am familiar with the Sutta Central which is very useful for
      > Pali-Tibetan-Sanskrit-Chinese correspondences. Thanks for mentioning it.
      >
      > I am very interested in this disk published by the PTS and Dhammakaya
      > Foundation in 1996 - it apparently contains the complete PTS edition of the
      > Pali canon in a CDROM which would be very useful (as I believe the PTS
      > edition has more variant readings - i. e. they used more manuscripts - than
      > the others). I have put in a request to get it from our library's
      > inter-library loan (as PTS in the US says they don't have it) and I will
      > report to the group if it still exists,
      >
      > Metta, Bryan

      The Minding Centre
      Singapore 650644