14998Re: [Pali] AN2.4 Samacitta Vagga (1)

    Sep 27, 2010
      thank you very much.
      Op 26-sep-2010, om 13:33 heeft Ong Yong Peng het volgende geschreven:

      > "Asappurisabhuumi~nca vo, bhikkhave, desessaami sappurisabhuumi~nca.
      > basis of an unworthy person-and / you / monks / will teach / basis
      > of a worthy person-and
      > "O monks, I will teach you the basis of an unworthy person, and the
      > basis of a worthy person.
      > sappurisabhuumi (f) basis of a worthy person.
      N:sappurisa stands for an ariyan disciple. PTS has for bhumi: condition.
      > "Eva.m, bhante"ti kho te bhikkhuu bhagavato paccassosu.m.
      > "Make it so, sir," indeed, to the Blessed One, those monks assented.
      N: Suggested: Yes lord, those monks assented to the Blessed One.
      > Asabbhi heta.m, bhikkhave, upa~n~naata.m yadida.m akata~n~nutaa
      > akataveditaa.
      > ??? Help needed for asabbhi.
      > sabbhi = instrumental plural of sant.
      > - sant (ppr of atthi) being.

      N: we would expect the ending of -ehi. But sat or sant is very
      -sant means also true. I am inclined to connect asabbhi with
      asappurisa. Asabbhi upa~n~naata.m: it is wellknown with (regard to)
      the non-true ones, that is to say ingratitude...
      PTS translates with: congenial to mean people.
      Only the form sabbhi from sant is not yet clear. Perhaps Jim could help?