13992New series announcement - Pali Made Easy

  • yongpeng.ong
    Oct 18, 2009
      Dear friends,

      as the year 2009 approaches an end, I like to make a final group announcement. I am keen to "lock in" the book Pali Made Easy for our Pali Study Series.

      About the book

      Pali Made Easy by Ven. Balangoda Ananda Maitreya Mahanayaka Thera. The book contains 36 lessons, and is suitable for all levels. One advantage is the answer key to the exercises is found at the back of the book, making self-study easy. This book is available from the Buddhist Cultural Centre in Sri Lanka. ISBN: 955-9219-76-6

      http://www.buddhistcc.net/

      About the author

      The late venerable Balangoda Ananda Maitreya (1896-1998) was a prominent teacher and writer of Buddhism. Scholar monk Bhikkhu Bodhi was ordinated under the late venerable.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balangoda_Ananda_Maitreya
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhikkhu_Bodhi
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/bodhi/bam.html
      http://www.infolanka.com/org/diary/179.html

      Series delivery

      Unlike the earlier series, I do not plan to make regular postings for this book. The first posting will probably be in 2010. Further, given that the book comes with an answer key, I am thinking if I still post individual solution.

      Another approach is that someone who is interested to lead this series, and I am totally opened to this. I welcome volunteers, recommendations and feedback. Thank you.