13811Re: Pali text reading (not chanting)

  • ardavarz
    Jul 4, 2009
      --- In Pali@yahoogroups.com, "thomaslaw03" <thomaslaw03@...> wrote:

      > Dear Pali friends,
      >
      > I am looking for Pali text reading (not chanting) in DVD/CD/MP3 format. I can find different traditions of Pali chanting (singing style) on the Internet, but am unable to find any, just a text (such as Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta) reading. Such as a text reading sound can help people how to read a Pali text properly in term of pronunciation and meaning. Does anyone know of this reading? Any advice?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Thomas Law

      Dear Thomas and all,

      I had some problems with my account, so I couldn't reply earlier, but I thought it would be well to share what I have found here:
      http://www.bodhimonastery.net/bm/programs/pali-class-online.html
      There are readings of Pali texts by Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi from Gair and Karunatilleke's "New Course in Reading Pali" which could be helpful for those studying it. (This is really reading, not chanting.)

      Metta,
      Ardavarz
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic