10636Re: [Pali] Re: AN 1.6

    Aug 1, 2006
      Venerable Dhammadhiro,
      Thank you, I profit from your explanation of taddhita. It is in
      Warder Lesson 25 9p. 252) but I had forgotten about it.
      I do not understand yet: Jhaano is from '.N' (or 'a' with stressing
      of first syllable) particle which
      to represent meaning 'who has'.
      But I read in Warder the examples of -in, -mant, -vant denoting
      possession.
      Jhaana can be translated as contemplating. I just read in the Tiika
      to Visuddhimagga (Ch XVII, 92):
      <Lakkha.naaramma.nuupanijjhaanabhuutaana.m vitakkaadiina.m
      vitakkanaadivasena
      aaramma.na.m upagantvaa nijjhaana.m pekkhana.m, cintana.m vaa
      vitakkaadiina.myeva aave.niko
      byaapaaro upanijjhaayana.t.tho. >
      This also refers to the two kinds of jhaana in samatha (aaramma.na,
      the meditation subjects) and in vipassanaa (lakkha.na).
      Respectfully,
      Nina.
      Op 31-jul-2006, om 14:09 heeft dhammadhiro het volgende geschreven: