10310Vipassana

  • Daniel
    Apr 6, 2006
      Hello.

      I am not sure if the subject is appropriate for the group, if it is not, please
      see the post as irrelevant.

      Is it asserted by Theravada monks that Vipassana (of the Theravada tradition) is
      the original way to practice the Satipathana sutta? Or do they say it was
      "adapted", or alternatively "rediscovered"?

      I think Zen practice also is said to be based upon Satipathana sutta, though it
      is different from Vipassana. And I am not sure whether the Tibetan version of
      practice of "The four foundations of mindfulness" is the same as Vipassana
      approach.

      Have a good day