Skip to search.

“They’re just like us!”

  • St. James
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2007
      “They’re just like us!”

      Young Palestinians, born and living in Israel visited Bethlehem University Campus on March 13th. Moments after the arrival they mixed with Bethlehem Students welcoming them, producing a lively and rather noisy crowd at the Social-Cultural Center. There was virtually no hesitation on either side, with Arabic being the common language. “I understand what he is saying - but it sounds just too funny to me” BU Student Ambassador Areej Jafari said after talking to a Palestinian Student from Haifa, who apparently had a heavy accent.
      Many of the Israeli Palestinians from Jaffa, Haifa, Nazareth and all over Israel have never been to the Palestinian Authority Areas before. Visiting the Palestinian Heritage Center “Tarathuna” in BU’s Library, students from the West Bank and Israel together explored their common heritage and history. During the tour of the campus and lunch, the young people had plenty of time to share experiences and details about their daily life in two very different countries. “I am glad my university provides us with the opportunity to meet those guys, especially since we’re not allowed to go there”, BU Student Ayah Bseisy stated. “After all we found out, they’re just like us!”.
      “They’re just like us!”
      “They’re just like us!”

      http://www.bethlehem.edu/archives/2007/2007_020.shtml

      Adwan visits the Christian Brothers Academy
      On March 9, Dr. Sami Adwan, Professor of Education at Bethlehem University, visited Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, New Jersey, to speak with three Advanced Placement History classes about the Palestinian-Israeli situation.  Dr. Adwan, who is presently on sabbatical at Monmouth University in New Jersey, stressed the realities of military occupation- checkpoints, Israel’s apartheid Wall, and by-pass roads and the impact that occupation has had on the education of young people in the Palestinian Authority. Students and teachers were most appreciative of Dr. Adwan’s presentation.

       http://www.bethlehem.edu/archives/2007/2007_021.shtml

      St. James

      The Moderator
      Palestine