Financial-Energy policy - Open letter to Obama

  • Jonathan Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
      Flyby News Alert
      Editor, Jonathan Mark

      The following letter was sent to Barack Obama
      following his second debate with John McCain.

      Financial Crisis solution policy - Open letter to Obama.

      To: Senator Barack Obama
      October 8, 2008

      Re: Financial Crisis solution policy

      Dear Barack Obama, and advisors,

      I am inspired to write to you this morning after the second presidential debate. Congratulations on a job well done. Except - the big gaping 800+ billion $ hole keeps getting deeper. However, (even with that gorilla supposedly calming down in the closet), I want to propose a policy idea that could lead to a transformation for our economy and self-reliant clean energy technologies.

      I want to make clear my observation that nuclear is not a clean, reliable, or safe energy source; nor is it capable of reducing carbon emissions from its mining, processing, and storing wastes.. and will remain a dirty target for many years to come.

      But, back to my idea, we need a base for the bottom price for oil and other fossil fuels for consumers. I suggest setting that bottom-line mark near the recent high-end for the cost of oil. This will encourage alternative energy development, and when the cost of oil goes down, the government could receive funds to invest in beneficial energy technologies. Cheap dirty energy got us into this mess, and can help finance the green energy transformation for our economy and environment. At first due to the price, people will use energy less, and that is good, like we have been doing for the last year; but with this plan, when we use it, we will also be investing in green energy to lower our carbon footprint and energy independence, especially if the price for wholesale oil goes down. Meanwhile alternative energies won't get fried by the lowering of oil prices.. everyone will know the base, and can plan to invest in renewable energy technologies.

      I am founder of a company ( www.rgpsystems.com) that received a $500,000 guarantee-loan from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and with additional private funding are developing an engine to convert processed heat from a glass manufacturer in Worster, MA to clean onsite electrical power generation.

      I also publish an online news ezine, Flyby News ( www.FlybyNews.com). I  hope you will subscribe. It's free and independent, and we have endorsed your campaign to follow GW Bush as the next US President. Not an easy act to follow, which is why I am writing to offer my support, and hopefully, January 21, will enable a new direction for our country, especially since the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

      Thank you for efforts in serving the US Constitution, which, to me, is barely recognizable in the actions (and inaction) of Congress and US President these last eight years. You will note from my web site, extensive coverage in exposing a misleading war on terror  My hope is that you represent change, and that my ideas will be helpful.

      With best regards,

      Jonathan Mark

      For letter and comments:
      http://911blogger.com/node/18096

      Also, as an addendum to letter, note the accuracy and details
      pointing to the real culprits in the financial crisis in Christopher
      Story and World Reports' Global Financial Intelligence report:

      Latest False Prospectus from 'PAULSON'S' TREASURY

      <><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      News Fit to Transmit in the Post Cassini Flyby Era
      = = = = = = www.FlybyNews.com = = = = =
      Campaigns for reclaiming a lost USA democracy

    • Tim Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2008
        Re: [P&C] Financial-Energy policy - Open letter to Obama
        Nice letter. I agree, except I think developing 4th generation nuclear power would be a good idea.
        Tim

        To: Senator Barack Obama
[...]

        --

        <http://www.groundtruthinvestigations.com/>