Tax Stamps on Pal-Bell...

  • Eric Ascalon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2006
      CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION RE TAX STAMPS?

      star1441@... wrote:
      AND SAW THE IMPRESSIVE EXHIBITION AT THE TEL AVIV MUSEUM.

      ALSO PICKED UP SOME PALBELLS AT THE TELAVIV DIZENGOFF CIRCLE FLEA
      MARKET.

      I WONDER IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DATE THE SALES TAX OVEL LABLES FOUND ON
      1960S ISRAELI ITEMS.

      DO YOU KNOW THE START AND END DATES FORTHEIR USAGE?
      AND IS THERE A WAY TO DATE THEM MORE PRECISLY?

      THANKS

      YORAM

      I ASSUME YOU ARE OF THE ASCALON PALBELL FAMILY???
    • Eric Ascalon

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2006
          There are usually two stamps, the mas kniea and the mas
          maskoret...buyers tax and luxury tax. Not sure whenthey were phased
          out, conflicting information...I've been told that by the mid 60's
          most taxing was finished but I've never been able to confirm this.

          http://mail.yahoo.com