found. . . candy dish

  • Pamela
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
      Hello all,
      I've been fortunate this last week to find a Pal-Bell candy dish at a local thrift store! I was attracted to it's unique design and lovely color. I purchased it and researched the piece and found its origins. I had never heard or seen this company's items before and have enjoyed discovering it's history. I do have 1 small problem, however. The piece that I have purchased has been seperated from it's original lid. I did go back to the store and searched for it, with no results. Is there a possiblity that someone may have a replacement or know of a source for this beautiful piece of art? The piece that I have is the larger candy dish that is conical in design with 6 lines of raised spots in a line from the top to the bottom of the cone part. I would appreciate any help or advise. Thank you so much!
    • toksook
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
        Hello Pamela,
        That's a great piece. Sorry to hear the lid is missing. There aren't too many of these candy dishes around, so I would say that the odds of finding a lid in search of a base is pretty remote. The design is still great even without the lid, so I would suggest that you enjoy it as is. Maybe one day the lid will return.
        Best regards,
        Eric

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2011
          Thank you Eric. I have already placed it on my mantle! Pamela