Greetings, New member!

  • Kristin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 12:06 PM
      Hi,

      I recently aquired my own piece of pal bell. Pal bell is in an oval
      stamped on the bottom, but the name of the specific town in Israel
      where this piece was made is NOT.. . .it simply states: "Made in
      Israel".

      It is the candy dish that is visible on the MISC photo page on this
      forum, number 100 something. THE EXACT PAGE is Misc photo files,
      Maurice Ascalon Palbell 4... the thick lipped candy dish i is on
      that page as well, but I have the piece that has no "thick" lip on
      the bowl.... the number is rather blurry and couldn't read it, but
      that is definately my piece!!!

      I purchased this item at an antique shop because i thought it was
      beautiful. I'd love to know more about it. . . can anyone help me
      out?? This is my first piece of Pal Bell!!! I'd love to know what
      exactially it is made of, my guess was brass or copper. I'd love to
      know the exact age, and if I paid too much for it!!!!

      Already searched ebay, nothing similar to my piece was there!!!

      Thanks for any help, I truly appreciate it!!!

      Kristin

      Thanks so much,

      Kristin
    • liorel33
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2007
        Hi Kristin,

        this item is probably made of brass, like most pal bell items. we
        had one like the one you describe, and sold it for 60$...
        regards,
        lior B.
        www.liorel.com