"Lighting the Way to Freedom" pubished just in time for Hanukah!

  • Eric Ascalon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      Hello Fellow Pal-Bell Collectors,

      I just received my copy of "Lighting the Way to Freedom: Treasured
      Menorahs of Early Israel" by Ari Ha'tell and Yaniv Ben. While I had
      the privilege of viewing advance excerpts of the book while it was in
      the works, the final version really exceeds my expectations. It's a
      beautiful and very substantial work with photos of hundreds of early
      Israeli Hanukah menorahs. It is very astonishing how many distinct
      designs were created during those years (ranging from kitsch to true
      works of art). I haven't even come across a quarter of them. The
      book does so well to document the whole range of pieces, and puts
      everything into historical context. I'm very impressed. It's
      certainly the most comprehensive resource on early Israeli Hanukah
      menorahs to date. There's also a nice section on Pal-Bell. Check
      out this Barnes and Nobel link for info:

      http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?
      z=y&hgg=y&cds2Pid=13149&isbn=1932687661

      Regards,

      Eric