Sestina I - It is You...06/02/2002

  • Savannah Skye
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2 8:24 PM
      ---
      hello...

      is my "Sestina I - It is You"... it's such a beautiful
      form... i took the theme of the Sestina
      below and put it into my own amore Sestina...

      ...peace'n'love always - Savannah Skye

      ...to see what a Sestina is go to "The Sestina Page" @
      http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Villa/8287/sestina.htm
      ---

      Sestina I - It is You
      ---------------------------
      It is you who I want to touch
      It is you who I want to taste
      It is you who I want to hear
      It is you who I want to see
      It is you who I want to feel
      It is you who I want to love

      And me who I want you to love
      And me who I want you to touch
      And me who I want you to feel
      And me who I want you to taste
      And me who I want you to see
      And me who I want you to hear

      In love's private space where no one can hear
      Us when we make passionate love
      Where no one can see
      Us when we are naked in embrace's touch
      Where our skin can taste
      Our love we feel

      And your passion I can feel
      While my ear can hear
      And my mouth can taste
      The depth of your love
      Where my fingers can touch
      And where my eyes can see

      The real you that I want to see
      The real you that I want to feel
      The real you that I want to touch
      The real you that I want to hear
      The real you that I want to love
      The real you that I want to taste

      The real me that I want you to taste
      The real me that I want you to see
      The real me that I want you to love
      The real me that I want you to feel
      The real me that I want you to hear
      The real me that I want you to touch

      As I sweetly taste the way you feel
      As you see and as you hear
      My true love for you that breathes through my touch

      by savvy-06/02/2002...
      ---
      ---

      ***the sample I used is from the link above, and also
      is from the Sestina below... see last lines of Sestina
      also...
      Awake, yet eyes are closed to think (1)
      My dream so thick it leaves a taste (2)
      His voice still strong enough to hear (3)
      My flesh still crawling with his touch (4)
      The morning breeze brings me the scent(5)
      Of daisies, far as I can see.(6)

      And what a sight it is to see (6)
      So white and pure, it makes me think (1)
      Of days gone by, his heavy scent (5)
      When all I needed was a taste (2)
      To know this was the love to touch (4)
      So strong, I could no longer hear (3)
      ---
      Sensing Daisies
      A Sestina, Copyright 1997 SWE
      ---------------------------------------
      Awake, yet eyes are closed to think.
      My dream so thick it leaves a taste.
      His voice still strong enough to hear.
      My flesh still crawling with his touch.
      The morning breeze brings me the scent
      Of daisies, far as I can see.

      And what a sight it is to see!
      So white and pure, it makes me think
      Of days gone by, his heavy scent,
      When all I needed was a taste
      To know this was the love to touch
      So strong, I would no longer hear.

      Voices nudging "why don't you hear?
      Drums are beating, why can't you see?
      Mouthing quietly for your touch.
      Surrounding, pounding, can't you think?
      I'm here to grab and lick and taste
      And leave upon you wordly scent."

      But I refuse to smell the scent
      And as I said, no longer hear.
      For what I breathe leaves me the taste
      Of daisies far as I can see.
      And you, you don't know what to think
      When I refuse your worldly touch.

      For in my heart remains a touch
      Of one who once marked me with scent.
      And does he know or does he think?
      I cannot tell; I do not hear.
      No news of one I never see
      Except in dreams that leave a taste.

      But I don't mind this blended taste
      When I can close my eyes to touch
      Daisies far as I can see,
      And hold within my hands his scent
      Replaying all that I can hear,
      The sounds that make the heartbeats think.

      I had a taste and caught the scent
      Enough that I can touch and hear,
      Our lives, you see, are what we think.
      ---
      But I don't mind this blended taste (1)
      When I can close my eyes to touch (2)
      Daisies far as I can see, (3)
      And hold within my hands his scent (4)
      Replaying all that I can hear, (5)
      The sounds that make the heartbeats think. (6)

      I had a taste (1), and caught the scent (4)
      Enough that I can touch (2), and hear (5)
      Our lives, you see (3), are what we think(6)

      Sensing Daisies,1997
      ---
      ---

      =====
      ---
      Look to the indigenous peoples for the answers,
      for they are the chosen ones...
      http://www.cwis.org/wwwvl/indig-vl.html
      ---

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com