Poetry

  • cuffkat
    Message 1 of 732 , Apr 16, 2001
      I have been a member for a few weeks now, but
      rarely have time to post due to my odd work hours. I
      have been recieving the post by mail and have seen
      some great works here and had a few of my own that I
      would appreciate opinions own.( The following poems are
      credited to my Craft name, not my screen name, so please
      don't try to email according to the name. )<br>
      love and perfect trust.<br>A Circle ye make, all
      around,<br>Mark thy ring upon the ground.<br>For best results,
      speak in rhyme,<br>True of heart, sound of
      mind.<br>Ne'er force nor push another,<br>Nor recruit into thy
      Coven.<br>Hold all sacred close to thee,<br>With Nature live in
      Harmony.<br>Patience and love to those true,<br>Ever faithful of those
      you choose.<br>Be ye here not by force,<br>All attend
      by free choice.<br>Ever ye mind the Rules of
      Three,<br>Or high in price is the fee.<br>Work all spells with
      good intent,<br>To achieve life's merriment.<br>All
      together a Family you make,<br>Give as much as you
      take.<br>Practice in peace, Worship with Love<br>To obtain the
      knowledge from Above.<br>Support thy Family of Coven
      true,<br>Be they always faithful to you.<br>Heed these words
      with great care,<br>When you need, may help ever be
      there.<br><br>Akasha
      do we hear,<br>No longer the trill of the Eagle in
      flight.<br>These have already been lost.<br>The rivers are full of
      debris,<br>Carelessly thrown into the rushing waters.<br>Our trees are
      no longer sacred,<br>Our forests grow ever more
      thin.<br>People rush about, always in a hurry,<br>Never taking
      time to notice their wondrous surroundings.<br>Cities
      grow larger,<br>Covering our once sacred
      places.<br>Children no longer know their heritage,<br>Nor do they
      care to know.<br>In our rush to give our children what
      they want,<br>We forget to teach them that which they
      need to know.<br>We often wonder what happened to our
      own past,<br>How has it been forgotten?<br>Yet, there
      is an answer,<br>It is not forgotten, It is never
      taught.<br>Pass along pieces of your hard-earned wisdom,<br>Share
      your knowledge with your children.<br>If we do not
      begin to share our past,<br>The future will never
      remember our accomplishments.<br>When next you hear the
      chirp of a bird,<br>Stop and listen at the
      sound.<br>Remember it well,<br>For when our children become
      adults,<br>They may not be able to hear the music.<br>They may
      not be able to see the forests,<br>Nor swim the
      waters of our youthful days.<br>Is there a way to stop
      this slow process,<br>This dying out of our times
      what?<br>Then take the time to appreciate them all,<br>sharing
      their glory with future generations.<br><br>Akasha
      Aisling<br>04/16/2001
      Message 732 of 732 , Feb 27, 2002