Re: Yesterday/preference

  • Brynneth Nimue Brown
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 6, 2012
      The chap who does not like rhyming poetry cropped up on the Worlds of
      Fantasy egroup a few days ago proclaiming himself to be a genius, and
      generally making himself unpopular. I recognise the email address. If he
      kicks off here too, probably best to ignore him.

      My very wise poetry teacher once explained to me that if a poet is the
      slave of the rhyming scheme, the poem will be awful. However, where the
      rhyms have a natural flow, they can add poise, grace, a sense of
      completion. The presence or absence of rhyme is no measure of a poem,
      any more than whether it is metered or in a recognised form.

      For 'slave of the rhyming scheme' see at least half of the contemporary
      music scene :-)

      Bryn.

      --
      www.druidlife.wordpress.com