Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Yesterday...

  • Damodar BlastWing
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
      HMMM  ,  I  AM  MORE  POETRY  WRITER  THAN  A  READER  ,   i  do write  poetry  ,  and that  what i  am  good in .

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
        rhymin  poetry  is  the   best  ,  but  some  rare  authros  have  good  non  rhyming  writers  .  I  name  the  american writer  Stephen  Crain .  He  is  superb  poet  who  did  use  rhyming  rarely.

        ________________________________

      • ladyawen143@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
          I think rhyming and non rhyming poetry has its place. Rhyming works great for magickal intentions. Some of my rhyming poems sound too whimsical for the subject so I rework them until they work as non rhyming.

          From: Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>
          Sender: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:06:08
          To: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com<PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 6, 2012
            The chap who does not like rhyming poetry cropped up on the Worlds of
            Fantasy egroup a few days ago proclaiming himself to be a genius, and
            generally making himself unpopular. I recognise the email address. If he
            kicks off here too, probably best to ignore him.

            My very wise poetry teacher once explained to me that if a poet is the
            slave of the rhyming scheme, the poem will be awful. However, where the
            rhyms have a natural flow, they can add poise, grace, a sense of
            completion. The presence or absence of rhyme is no measure of a poem,
            any more than whether it is metered or in a recognised form.

            For 'slave of the rhyming scheme' see at least half of the contemporary
            music scene :-)

            Bryn.

            --
            www.druidlife.wordpress.com