Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Yesterday...

  • Damodar BlastWing
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
      rhyming  poetry  , sure .

      ________________________________
      From: Lavender Moon <lavender_moon44@...>
      To: "PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com" <PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 5:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Yesterday...

      I don't ignore non-rhyming poetry, I just know that I prefer rhyming poetry. I will read non-rhyming, but I prefer rhyming poetry...like the saying goes "I may not know art, but I know what I like".
      )0(

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
        HMMM  ,  I  AM  MORE  POETRY  WRITER  THAN  A  READER  ,   i  do write  poetry  ,  and that  what i  am  good in .

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
          rhymin  poetry  is  the   best  ,  but  some  rare  authros  have  good  non  rhyming  writers  .  I  name  the  american writer  Stephen  Crain .  He  is  superb  poet  who  did  use  rhyming  rarely.

          ________________________________

        • ladyawen143@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
            I think rhyming and non rhyming poetry has its place. Rhyming works great for magickal intentions. Some of my rhyming poems sound too whimsical for the subject so I rework them until they work as non rhyming.

            From: Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>
            Sender: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:06:08
            To: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com<PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 6, 2012
              The chap who does not like rhyming poetry cropped up on the Worlds of
              Fantasy egroup a few days ago proclaiming himself to be a genius, and
              generally making himself unpopular. I recognise the email address. If he
              kicks off here too, probably best to ignore him.

              My very wise poetry teacher once explained to me that if a poet is the
              slave of the rhyming scheme, the poem will be awful. However, where the
              rhyms have a natural flow, they can add poise, grace, a sense of
              completion. The presence or absence of rhyme is no measure of a poem,
              any more than whether it is metered or in a recognised form.

              For 'slave of the rhyming scheme' see at least half of the contemporary
              music scene :-)

              Bryn.

              --
              www.druidlife.wordpress.com