Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Yesterday...

  • Lavender Moon
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 4, 2012
      yep, just my opinion, as that's what I like~others like different things. I'm aware of that.
      )0(

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 4, 2012
        fine  ,  but  that  '  is  actually  one  of  the  rules  of  poetry  writing ,  to  add some rhyming  to  poems  .  I don  not  mean  that  poems  should  be  100  %  rhymed  ,  but  a  touch  ,  a  bit  of  rhymin   MUST  be  .

        ________________________________
        It doesn't have to, but personally I do prefer poems that do rhyme. On the other hand I think the one's that don't can often make you think more than the one's that do rhyme.
        I guess it's all personal preference~what does every prefer?
        )0(

        ________________________________
        I am sure that you know, poetry does not have to rhyme to be poetry.

        Some of the best that I have ever read or wrote on my own was without rhyme.

        On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > poetica  :)  reading  your  poetry  makes  me  think  that  poets  are
        > still  live  somewhere .................but  the  poem  has  no rhyming:(
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Portia
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 4, 2012
          It is a shame that you ignore poetry that does not rhyme, because I have
          found that poetry without rhyme is more within and deeper to the pain or
          joy the writer is trying to show the reader.

        • Lavender Moon
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
            I don't ignore non-rhyming poetry, I just know that I prefer rhyming poetry. I will read non-rhyming, but I prefer rhyming poetry...like the saying goes "I may not know art, but I know what I like".
            )0(

            ________________________________
            It is a shame that you ignore poetry that does not rhyme, because I have
            found that poetry without rhyme is more within and deeper to the pain or
            joy the writer is trying to show the reader.

          • Damodar BlastWing
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
              rhyming  poetry  , sure .

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                HMMM  ,  I  AM  MORE  POETRY  WRITER  THAN  A  READER  ,   i  do write  poetry  ,  and that  what i  am  good in .

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                  rhymin  poetry  is  the   best  ,  but  some  rare  authros  have  good  non  rhyming  writers  .  I  name  the  american writer  Stephen  Crain .  He  is  superb  poet  who  did  use  rhyming  rarely.

                  ________________________________

                • ladyawen143@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                    I think rhyming and non rhyming poetry has its place. Rhyming works great for magickal intentions. Some of my rhyming poems sound too whimsical for the subject so I rework them until they work as non rhyming.

                    From: Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>
                    Sender: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:06:08
                    To: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com<PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com>

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 6, 2012
                      The chap who does not like rhyming poetry cropped up on the Worlds of
                      Fantasy egroup a few days ago proclaiming himself to be a genius, and
                      generally making himself unpopular. I recognise the email address. If he
                      kicks off here too, probably best to ignore him.

                      My very wise poetry teacher once explained to me that if a poet is the
                      slave of the rhyming scheme, the poem will be awful. However, where the
                      rhyms have a natural flow, they can add poise, grace, a sense of
                      completion. The presence or absence of rhyme is no measure of a poem,
                      any more than whether it is metered or in a recognised form.

                      For 'slave of the rhyming scheme' see at least half of the contemporary
                      music scene :-)

                      Bryn.

                      --
                      www.druidlife.wordpress.com