Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Yesterday...

  • Lavender Moon
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2012
      Yeah sorry about that! lol, it just kinda came to me and so I sent it. I'd done other rhyming ones; I'll post some of those!
      :)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 2, 2012
        I am sure that you know, poetry does not have to rhyme to be poetry.

        Some of the best that I have ever read or wrote on my own was without rhyme.

        On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > poetica :) reading your poetry makes me think that poets are
        > still live somewhere .................but the poem has no rhyming:(
        >
        > ________________________________

      • Lavender Moon
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 3, 2012
          It doesn't have to, but personally I do prefer poems that do rhyme. On the other hand I think the one's that don't can often make you think more than the one's that do rhyme.
          I guess it's all personal preference~what does every prefer?
          )0(

          ________________________________
          I am sure that you know, poetry does not have to rhyme to be poetry.

          Some of the best that I have ever read or wrote on my own was without rhyme.

          On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > poetica  :)  reading  your  poetry  makes  me  think  that  poets  are
          > still  live  somewhere .................but  the  poem  has  no rhyming:(
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Damodar BlastWing
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 3, 2012
            it   is   your  opinion  ,  i  ignore  all  poetry  without  rhyming  ,  unless  thats  some  sort  lyrics  of  song.....rhyming  is  70 % of  poetry  art.

            ________________________________
            I am sure that you know, poetry does not have to rhyme to be poetry.

            Some of the best that I have ever read or wrote on my own was without rhyme.

            On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > poetica  :)  reading  your  poetry  makes  me  think  that  poets  are
            > still  live  somewhere .................but  the  poem  has  no rhyming:(
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Lavender Moon
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4, 2012
              yep, just my opinion, as that's what I like~others like different things. I'm aware of that.
              )0(

              ________________________________
              it   is   your  opinion  ,  i  ignore  all  poetry  without  rhyming  ,  unless  thats  some  sort  lyrics  of  song.....rhyming  is  70 % of  poetry  art.

              ________________________________
              I am sure that you know, poetry does not have to rhyme to be poetry.

              Some of the best that I have ever read or wrote on my own was without rhyme.

              On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > poetica  :)  reading  your  poetry  makes  me  think  that  poets  are
              > still  live  somewhere .................but  the  poem  has  no rhyming:(
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Damodar BlastWing
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 4, 2012
                fine  ,  but  that  '  is  actually  one  of  the  rules  of  poetry  writing ,  to  add some rhyming  to  poems  .  I don  not  mean  that  poems  should  be  100  %  rhymed  ,  but  a  touch  ,  a  bit  of  rhymin   MUST  be  .

                ________________________________

                I am sure that you know, poetry does not have to rhyme to be poetry.

                Some of the best that I have ever read or wrote on my own was without rhyme.

                On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > poetica  :)  reading  your  poetry  makes  me  think  that  poets  are
                > still  live  somewhere .................but  the  poem  has  no rhyming:(
                >
                > ________________________________

              • Portia
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 4, 2012
                  It is a shame that you ignore poetry that does not rhyme, because I have
                  found that poetry without rhyme is more within and deeper to the pain or
                  joy the writer is trying to show the reader.

                • Lavender Moon
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                    I don't ignore non-rhyming poetry, I just know that I prefer rhyming poetry. I will read non-rhyming, but I prefer rhyming poetry...like the saying goes "I may not know art, but I know what I like".
                    )0(

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                      rhyming  poetry  , sure .

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                        HMMM  ,  I  AM  MORE  POETRY  WRITER  THAN  A  READER  ,   i  do write  poetry  ,  and that  what i  am  good in .

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                          rhymin  poetry  is  the   best  ,  but  some  rare  authros  have  good  non  rhyming  writers  .  I  name  the  american writer  Stephen  Crain .  He  is  superb  poet  who  did  use  rhyming  rarely.

                          ________________________________

                        • ladyawen143@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 5, 2012
                            I think rhyming and non rhyming poetry has its place. Rhyming works great for magickal intentions. Some of my rhyming poems sound too whimsical for the subject so I rework them until they work as non rhyming.

                            From: Damodar BlastWing <damodar1982@...>
                            Sender: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:06:08
                            To: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com<PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 6, 2012
                              The chap who does not like rhyming poetry cropped up on the Worlds of
                              Fantasy egroup a few days ago proclaiming himself to be a genius, and
                              generally making himself unpopular. I recognise the email address. If he
                              kicks off here too, probably best to ignore him.

                              My very wise poetry teacher once explained to me that if a poet is the
                              slave of the rhyming scheme, the poem will be awful. However, where the
                              rhyms have a natural flow, they can add poise, grace, a sense of
                              completion. The presence or absence of rhyme is no measure of a poem,
                              any more than whether it is metered or in a recognised form.

                              For 'slave of the rhyming scheme' see at least half of the contemporary
                              music scene :-)

                              Bryn.

                              --
                              www.druidlife.wordpress.com