small offering

  • Brynneth Nimue Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      I am human

      This portion is of the soil and will return

      When called to earth once more.

      My hairy animal self will run till then,

      Eat, cavort, breathe, copulate and laugh.

      Bloodlines of ancestry, form shaping,

      Passed down, I am their returning.

      The thinking, pondering mind life,

      Equation making, logical as air.

      Fingerprints from other lives, intentions,

      Teacher marked and friend defined.

      The water within me, the tides and tears,

      Moist empathy and inner oceans.

      And the other, secret, unknowable self

      Made of dream and spirit.

      --