My newest poem -- At Home In The Darkness

  • rob
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2011
      At Home In The Darkness

      I am not afraid of dying
      I have spent a thousand years in darkness
      Hiding behind a million nightmares
      My existence is not what my heart told me it would be
      I live wanting and wishing for an elusive moment
      One moment of light truth and hope
      All I have is the burn of my tears
      The sweet saltiness of my blood
      Tears on my flesh open to the putrid air
      The world rejected me
      My thoughts were too off the wall
      I was too different and did not want to change
      That was their mistake to make
      They chose and I fled into the darkness
      It is where I belongÂ…where I survive
      But I am not afraid of dying
      I have spent a thousand years in darkness
      It is my home and that is all I deserve