Justice in the Night

  • Lanaia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
      We all remember, September 11, 2001, one we will never forget
      Just like December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor, September 11th, a day that will forever be in infamy
      Almost three thousand innocent lives were lost that day, the memory of this in stone forever set
      Because of radical ideology, some one decided, that death to the infidel was the key.

      That day, we all cried, our hearts going out to the victims and their families
      We watched in horror as the Towers, the Pentagon, Shanksville, Pa., all saw a loss of innocent life
      Us thinking, Is this the way it was meant to be?
      Just because we believe differently, is this why we had to face death and all it's strife?

      For ten years, an entire decade, we wondered if justice, would we see it's face?
      And then without a word, justice was served, and no one suspected, not even a hint
      Us thinking would three thousand souls always be caught between time and space
      For a decade for justice we searched, until one night, it all finally ended, the man, justice was served and sent.

      Any loss of human life, is hard to except and understand
      But three thousand lives, that one date in history, moved us and affected us all
      We are civilized, but three thousand lives for one life, the culprit, to end his life, we all understand
      But a life is a life, but justice was finally served, for the victims, for the families, for one and for all.

      So one spring night, just like a thief in the night, finally justice was served
      We took a big chance, but in the end victory was ours
      Not happy over another death, but relieved, three thousand could finally rest, for their justice, we never swerved
      Now they can peaceably sleep, justice served for them, justice was ours.

      I'm sure the family of the deceased now realizes how wrong this man was, the pain of losing a loved one
      Now the man's family knows the anguish and the pain caused by the grim reaper, maybe now they know he was not right
      Losing a loved one, the most devastating pain under the sun
      But eventually justice was finally served in the deep darkness of the night.

      Lanaia