The Edge Of Darkness

  • rob
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2011
      The Edge Of Darkness

      Standing at the edge of darkness
      I wonder where the light is
      No shadows
      No stars
      Not even the band of gold which follows a sunset
      Before me there is simply nothing
      Behind me everything I knew is gone
      No longer existing even in my memory
      There are no grays or blues
      Not even differing shades of black
      Sounds of screams
      Shrieks of pain travel an eternity before they reach me
      Yet, no matter how I strain I cannot see their source
      Before long I sit on what I assume is rock
      My senses trick me
      Making me see things that are not there
      Never were there
      Yet, sitting in the total darkness I am content
      There is no one to hurt me
      No one to lie to me
      No one to leave me
      As far as I can tell pain and hurt is centuries away
      Knowing that one thing
      I can finally be happy just sitting in the dark