April Poetry Contest - Submit Now!

  • butterflynxile
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      Poets wanted for The Subversive Human Journal. We are a new online journal looking for provocative and exciting poetry, from emerging writers.

      Prize is $25 USD. April's theme touches on eroticism. You may submit haikus or tankas, but we would prefer the sijo form.

      While Westerners are more familiar with haiku and tankas, we have a fondness for the less familiar Korean forms. An explanation per Wikipedia states that, "Sijo is a modern term for a Korean style of lyrical poetry, originally called tanga (literally, "short song.

      The lines average 14-16 syllables, for a total of 44-46. There is a pause in the middle of each line, so in English they are sometimes printed in six lines instead of three." Submit no more than (5) poems. Poets from all over, welcomed to submit.

      Please take a look at the current contest tab, the future contests tab and the submission guidelines tab.

      Visit The Subversive Human, an Online Journal at https://sites.google.com/site/thesubversivehuman/ for additional information. You can email the editors at subversivehuman@....