Monthly Poetry Contests

  • butterflynxile
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2010
      ...and the word was POETRY...please visit and check out the monthly poetry contests at the website - https://sites.google.com/site/thesubversivehuman/

      The Subversive Human charges a mere $1 to enter. If your poem is the winning poem, we award $25. Plus you get a publishing credit.

      In a few months, we hope to (1) increase the 1st place prize and (2) offer 2nd and 3rd monetary prizes.

      One of the editor's (Venetia) is a published poet; she recently won the 10th Annual Christell Creative Writing prize and last month was published in The Blue Jew New Yorker. She has also been published at Howard University's The Amistad, as well as at Culture and Language. So she understands the struggle of trying to afford writing contests.

      In any case, give it a chance. After-all, it's just a buck...or 4 quarters...or 10 dimes...or 20 nickles...or a 100 pennies!

      So that's it in a nutshell.