Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Festival of the Dead

  • mary kellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2010
      Thank you
      Hugs,
      Lanaia
       Chat with me at: http://lanaia74.chatango.com

      vacationmsg

      ________________________________
      From: Deirdre Hebert <dee@...>
      To: PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, August 28, 2010 2:21:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [Pagan Poets Society] Festival of the Dead

      Line 9 - instead of "witch" you have "with".

      Interesting note about Giles -
      What he did was to refuse to enter a plea. Had he entered a plea, his family
      would have lost all his property. By not entering a plea, and remaining silent,
      he insured that his family would retain his property.

      I used to work in Peabody, and used to eat my lunch at a small park where he was
      pressed. Peabody and Danvers were once a part of Salem, and separated from that
      town, in part, to distance themselves from the name of the town associated with
      the witch-hunts. But curiously, most of the trials took place in what is now
      Danvers Square.