Moon Child

  • melissacampbell77@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6 10:01 PM
      Moon Child

      As I wandered through the garden, the moon it shone so bright
      Revealing all of the pathways that were absent of the light
      As I danced among the flowers, oh it filled me with delight
      That stoic orb of centuries remaining constant through the night

      Its merry face smiled erudite with the knowledge of the ages
      Like an ancient tome in lost language that dare not reveal its pages

      Smells of earth, and rain mixed with sweet notes of juniper filled the air
      The moon poured little drops of gleaming heaven that softly caressed my hair

      Sisters from ages past, called me to join the dance
      Singing sweet enchanted melodies, sending me into trance

      The moon my only witness as I danced bare in the gleaming beams of light
      Ancient ritual tribal rhythms, for the moon offer this rite
      Through the hours we sang for the moon, on its journey through the night
      The faeries chanted the chorus and the owls "hoo'd" with delight

      As the dawn broke our eyes grew heavy and we laid our weary heads
      The tree's embracing branches serving for our beds

      And the sun children came out to offer their song, and they began to play
      I fell in dream content knowing that we would dance once more at the end of the day