My Plague

  • lanaia74
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2009
      To be only eleven years old, I am facing a crisis involving life and death
      I should be care free, able to enjoy my childhood, but my childhood would be taken away from me
      I watch others my age play, the last thing on their mind is taking their last breath
      From what plagues my body, I so wish I could flee.

      This plague in my body, robs me of being able to run and play
      So all I can do is sit and watch others as they play just wishing it were me
      My plague robs me of the ability to breathe, always coughing, to escape, there is no way
      At this age, I should not have to pay this tremendous fee.

      What I have is very contagious, so most of the time I am all alone
      No one should have to be looking at the grim reaper face to face at my age
      Everyday I hope when I awake from sleep, this awful thing will be gone
      This plague causes me to feel hatred and rage.

      My parents try and make my existence as comfortable as they can
      As I spend my days trying to just breathe
      From this awful thing children should be banned
      Why oh why from me doesn't this plague just leave?

      I overheard my parents talking, as for my own good, they are going to send me away
      They think this will be the best thing for me
      But they don't know if they send me away, with them, I will not spend another day
      Here I will die, meeting death, so regretting the hand that fate had dealt to me.

      My plague is known as tuberculosis, the plague of the twentieth century, from this thing so many would die
      My parents really think I will survive because I have such a strong will
      But my plague would totally ravage my small body, in a short while we would say good bye
      With my best interest in mind, they just don't know, as they send me away to Waverly Hills

      Lsnaia Lee
    • cara_inspirit1
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2009
        blessings love and healing