here is my 1st collection of poems called "Of Rose & Wine

  • nigel emmanuel ward
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      22

      A walk that attracts me, like a magnet to steel
      If we were 2 battleships on the sea, darling lets fire at will
      We are bold horses racing down hill
      We are brave hawks descending from the clouds spinning like a wheel
      We are the sun & moon controlling day & night
      Romantics like hot iron being hammered to light
      We are dancing dragons in mid- flight
      We look harmless, but not afraid fight
      If we joined forces we can make it right

      Arise Phoenix

      My mind is racing, thoughts of chasing the things that will make me whole
      A taste of honey not fame or money will satisfy my empty soul
      No longer hypnotized by beautiful lying eyes I can realize that with
      faith in myself all is possible
      So on the wings of all fair no longer despair the spring time of my
      life now appears

      Awaken

      Time & light are changing fast
      The past & present have come to past
      My heart broken could not last
      I learned to love myself at alas
      Still I want the one that's true
      Care not if her eyes are green, brown, or blue
      Just take me as I am
      A strong independent man

      Awaken

      Time & light are changing fast
      The past & present have come to past
      My heart broken could not last
      I learned to love myself at alas
      Still I want the one that's true
      Care not if her eyes are green, brown, or blue
      Just take me as I am
      A strong independent man

      Lancelot

      Stepping off the field of battle
      Laying down shield & sword
      The steel I put my trust in has torn away my armor
      King I can no longer serve you
      For I can't fight anymore
      The peace I've always wanted has called me back home

      Like flowers, Like wine

      Like the rush of wind upon your face before a thunder storm
      Like the sight of the 1 you want, they come into you heart with out
      warning
      Like the sting of a bee leaves you in pain, like the sound of her
      voice is nature singing
      Like the cycles of the moon turn the tides of the sea
      Like 2 eager romantics hearts beat
      Like the field of wild flowers I ran trough when this life begun
      Like the majestic eagle flying so near the sun
      Like my conscious haunting me when I've done wrong
      Like the artist in rapture creates a new song
      Like a glass of Merlot sends me into hopeless bliss
      Like the moment our lips meet we can no longer resist
      Like the changes attraction brings
      Like saying yes to a beautiful thing
      Like the roses I sent you straight from my heart
      Like summer rain perfect from the start
      Like lovers in love wrapped into each others warmth
      Like this writers heart I truly know what I want

      Morning Rush

      Awake, Awake, Awake in peace
      U mm the thought of you is so loud & clear
      A dreamer awakes
      My heart aches for one like you who is not a dime a dozen
      I push ahead & jump from bed
      Determined to be successful
      The honesty of me knowing love
      Makes life very blissful

      She loves me

      I once walked the earth in anger & rage
      No one could I trust, lost in a deceiving haze
      Then one day she found me & nourished my aching soul
      Her honesty, beauty, & grace warmed me from the cold
      I learned to live, I learned to enjoy, and I learned to love
      Her sacred light filled my void
      She turned me from an angry youth, to a seeker of joy
      So on my 24th birthday I took the oath of the elder ways
      Even though I fell sometimes
      I managed to dust off my faults
      Except change & believe
      So to you Great Maiden, Sweet Mother, Wise Crone
      I love you as you love me & love is the universal law

      Vines
      Carve a legend out of thoughts
      Let your reason grow & your doubts rot
      It is worth the wealth of pleasures brought
      Never kill the feeling sought
      Look back to every moment to happy times
      & with good company drink great wine

      A Romantics wish

      When i meet you will your smile be a familiar warning

      When i kiss you will it make the sky start storming?

      When i hold will you quiver like a feather

      When i smell your hair will it be the scent of fresh heather

      When i touch you will it seem like forever?

      When i find you it will be better

      So enter my love into my life

      Aphrodite make this come to past

      Aphrodite bring her into my life

      Autumn Renewal

      Wednesday autumn late noon, will it all to happen to me soon
      The desperate hours consuming time, I want a taste of merlot wine
      My mind keeps reeling back to the past, ex-lovers, old friends and
      other hacks
      A wave on regeneration comes over my soul, gray moods fades away this
      most sobering fall
      & when all this has past to memories of old, will the one I adore
      truly show me the roses

      Farewell to a diamond

      Who are they to say who you really were?
      Opening old wounds when your life has been taken away
      Buzzards they are only for fame and they should all feel very ashamed.
      Such a free spirit trying to making it through life
      Lady I know sometimes it must have felt like a knife
      Those who knew you remember you in so many ways
      This one writer will always remember your smile
      & dare I say your sweet laugh
      You are now with the universe
      So as your children grow
      Those of us your friends will them of your worth
      You were a mother, a fighter, a rebel, a lady, a diamond
      Who is now one with the stars

      Left behind

      It seems a long and dusty dream, a road of lost that will not bend
      Forgotten names that drift away, while your heart says please stay
      Lonely trekker hide your tears, lonely one hide your fears
      A path of reason tied to life, that strips you bare like the edge of a
      knife
      A pain so sad that black night turns white
      They are not gone just awaken in memory, your eyes are the window to
      this misty scene
      So shed a tear one left behind, & don't let these demons drag you down.
      You are just a pawn in this crazy scheme
      Those who hurt you only fail, they just want you to join there
      personal hell.

      Now walk away from this pain, & be in love with the new day.

      Love
      I pledge my faith at the altar of love,
      No other faith has so much, No other way is like above
      This path of heart is one of understanding
      Not of false warning
      No omnipresence to fear or run
      The truth of the matter is peace in everyone
      So my beauty take my hand
      Together we fall in lovely bliss.

      Sweet drunk rebellion

      & so we dance in the black parade, in mask of dust charades
      A light of unwanted love to light our way
      For like a child lost at play
      We will not cry & be all torn
      Once was hurt now reborn
      Forget the rage to live this scheme,
      A wish comes true,
      My American dream.

      To Lady Aphrodite

      Have I met you in a far away dream?
      Or is it a case of temporary insanity
      You awoken the sensual side of me
      I know I won't be alone forever,
      Yet I feel compelled to test your patience
      Harm to no one dear lady just a mad man at play
      So grant me a wish
      A simple gift
      A true love, a romantic like myself to share my life with

      Witch Witch Witch

      Feeling free no more confusion
      Truly knowing my own point of view
      At the moment alone no one is in love with me
      Still I'm content being somewhat free
      My Feline companions are now getting along
      While in pursuit of much fun
      Dare I describe what I am?
      Well an artist, poet, forever man
      But if you want to know, is that your wish
      I'm most definitely a
      Witch Witch Witch!

      All poems written by Nigel E. Ward copyright 2009