"Samhain"

  • Debbie Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Bright Blessings;

      If I have already posted these, I apologize in advance, but wanted to post them as they are appropriate for tonight.

      Aphina

      "Samhain"

      Cast the circle, light the flames,
      Smoking incense, hallowed names.
      Dark of night and shining moon,
      Time for Samhain, cast the runes.
      All our friends who've passed away,
      Invited here to come and play.
      One night a year the veil is thin,
      We welcome you to come right in!
      Loved ones who've passed to Summerland,
      Reach out this night and take my hand.
      We were not ready for you to go,
      Remembrance for you is what we show.
      We shed our tears and all our sorrows,
      Cast off our fears, live for tomorrow.
      A candle lit for each who've passed,
      Memories of you will ever last.
      Death is not the end of life,
      As darkness always follows light;
      And light returns, the dark, it fades...
      Reborn at Yule, life's circle made.

      Aphina
      10/21/02
      all rights reserved

      "Ancestor Invocation"

      Ancestors who have gone before,
      Invited here tonight.
      Come in my circle through the door,
      From the other side.
      I've lit a candle for each who've passed,
      In memory of you.
      Come stay a while and share the feast,
      And share your knowledge, too.
      When you are ready, feel free to go,