Ode to the Coffee Makers

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2008
      Ode to the Coffee Makers

      Coffee pot, coffee pot, you understand;
      when the morning comes too soon,
      and I spent the night over the commode,
      you help me face the day before noon,
      so its to you that I write this ode.

      Coffee cup, coffee cup, quick and easy;
      you work so well in the microwave,
      offering up your instant liquid love,
      when to last nights beer, I was a slave,
      you're number one on my list "the best of".

      Coffee maker, coffee maker, pour and drink;
      do you realize that I'm trying to cut down?
      but you give me so very much,
      from the aroma of fresh ground,
      to what the caffeine does as such.

      Copyright c Mike Valerius, Sr.
      Tues. Nov. 30, 1999 10:21 Am
    • Jimmy MoonShadow
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2008
        Mike,

        I can relate all too well and share the same sentiments toward the coffee pot and cup!

        Jimmy

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2008
          Mike,

          I agree with Jimmy!? Thank you for sharing.?

          Melodie

          http://www.melodiebolt.net
          http://www.myspace.com/melodiebolt
          http://melodie-bolt.livejournal.com/

          "The well of Providence is deep. It's the buckets we bring to it that are small." -- Mary Webb
          "It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere."-- Agnes Repplier

          I can relate all too well and share the same sentiments toward the coffee pot
          and cup!
          ?
          Jimmy

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2008
            Between the Moon and the Sea

            Somewhere between
            the moon and the sea
            we dance

            A million birds
            beat out a rhythm
            with wings to air,
            and we step,
            our souls as one,
            in time
            among the stars
            to celebrate
            our own kinship.

            Nights like this
            were made for us
            alone

            Somewhere between
            the moon and the sea

            we dance
            James Melin

          • Sara Greathouse
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 30, 2008
              LOL! I can relate to this one.  My coffee pot is my best friend for the first 2 hours after I wake up.

              May I print a copy of this to put on the wall above my coffee pot?

              sfatula

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 30, 2008
                Very nice also! Jude

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
                  Yes you may print a copy of this poem.
                  I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. (I don't get too many replies about
                  this one) Thanks everyone Mike

                  --- In PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com, Sara Greathouse