Under the Hallow Moon

  • lanaia74
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      On this Hallow's Eve, it was not my intent to be caught out on this
      night, even under a full moon
      I know my father, has retrieved an ember, from the Druid's bonfire
      In order to drive away the ancient Celtic spirits, to rid ourselves
      of them, well it wouldn't be too soon
      I should be beside the warm hearth in our house, but instead I try
      and hurry home before I tire.

      The full moon sheds a haunting light, as I try so hard to make my way
      home
      Here on the night of restless souls, I did not intend to be caught
      out side
      On this night spirits, fairies, and even gnomes are known through the
      woods to roam
      To be out here, with no protection, I don't want to be the
      supernatural's bride.

      Most people, that are not Celt, say we are stupid and superstores,
      for believing in such things
      But I have seen and experienced things, there are no logical
      explanations, to make sense of such things
      So on this cursed eve, even the light of the full moon, I'm worried
      about what the night may bring
      I just want to get home, where I feel safe, then my heart a happy
      song may comfortably may sing.

      I stayed to long in the village, thinking I had enough time to get
      home, before night fall
      But I was wrong, so now here I am among the creatures of the night
      Being among them, I can here then sing their haunting song, but I try
      to remain brave, hold my head up, and walk tall
      The full moon gives me a certain amount of light, walking as fast as
      I can, to get away from things, that would give me a fright.

      I am afraid, so I hasten my steps, to make it home, under the light
      of the very full moon
      It seems though, the faster I walk, I hear footsteps, coming directly
      from behind me
      I start to question my own sanity, wondering if I am crazy, some kind
      of loon
      When I stop, the footsteps stop, there is no one behind me, no one
      that I see.

      Soon, under the full moon, I see a welcoming most wanted sight
      I see my house, what relief I feel, on this Eve of Restless Souls
      But before I can reach the door, I totally freeze, from this thing I
      feel, all the fright
      Under the full moon, in my back I feel something sharp, as I know
      taking my life, is this entity's major goal.

      Happy Halloween!