Crossroads a poem

  • lanaia74
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2007
      I walk a path in life, that one day comes to a cross road
      Each of us, does exactly the same thing, going down that same path
      So each of us, when we come to the crossroad, the path we choose,
      determines how our future will go
      Some of us will have luck and happiness, while others from their
      choices will suffer fate's wraith.

      Some may choose to walk a hill, atop looking upon Satan's lair
      Others may end up in a seemingly peaceful valley
      Lush and green, where one could spend eternity without a care
      In this valley, unable to recognize temptation's plea.

      In this seemingly beautiful tempting shang-ra-la
      One would think he would always be worry free
      Never a care, a worry, or ever a reason to want to flee
      But atop the hill, you see others, but you can never hear their plea.

      Left or right, good or evil, the struggle since the dawn of man
      Us always wanting to have made the right choice, until you see
      temptation's face
      Him being beside you all the time, always wanting you to take his hand
      Tempting you any where, in any time, in any place.

      Even on the right path, he can meet you head on, always happy to lend
      a helping hand
      Especially at the crossroads, guarantee he will be waiting for you
      Promising you everything under the sun, just take his evil hand
      Disguising his true self from your very view.

      Se each of us eventually end up at the cross road
      Choosing good or evil, left or right
      We always reaping the seeds we have sewn
      Us always wanting to take the correct path, hoping to see hope's soft
      light, that is oh so bright.