Chant of the Dead

  • lanaia74
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Osirus, Guardian of the Underworld, hear my pitiful plea
      I am but a mortal, beseeching you, accept my soul as I travel to the
      land of the dead
      A pharaoh in the land of the living, but now I pray for your
      guidance, please help me
      Oh, sweet death, has taken me to a different plane, for royalty, in
      life, I was bred.

      Just as in life, your unworthy servant, must obtain passage, to
      fulfil my destiny here
      As I enter the underworld, please stand beside me
      As I must be able to answer the questions, that will open the door,
      to a place I do not fear
      The Book of the Dead, contains the answers, of the questions that
      will be asked of me.

      I am not afraid, not with your learned hand, guiding me
      Only you and you alone can guarantee my passage, to where I am
      suppose to be
      Air and earth are my horizons now, I, a Pharaoh, bow to you in
      reverence, so please here my plea
      What lies between now this is me, send my soul across the sanctified
      threshold, oh protect me and guide me.

      Just like a woman dressed in white linen, I open my arms to you, just
      as I would her
      I feel the longing for your guidance, as in Life, I would feel a
      longing for her
      Osirus, I openly accept your blessed guidance, entrance into the land
      of the dead, this must occur
      Oh Egypt, I only have deep reverence and love for her.

      Weigh my heart on the scales of life, it should be as light as a
      feather
      I have always tried in life to be a good and obedient man
      My body was prepared as stated, even perfumed with the scent of
      heather
      Take me back on wings, back to the place it all began.

      Each day I must travel with the God of the Sun, Rah, ensuring my
      place within the sky
      Journeying with him, beside him across his domain
      But, at night, we both return to the underworld, the night, ruled by
      Apophis, the darkness, I have no questions as to why
      Here within eternity, it is my destiny to forever reign.