Within the Shadows of Greatness

  • lanaia74
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2007
      As I enter this place not seen by man's eyes for thousands of years
      I feel a strange wind, and I can not figure out it's source
      Where it came from, well that remains totally unclear
      The emotions of standing where the ancients stood, a certain feeling
      creeps into my soul, of coarse.

      Standing perhaps, a pharaoh,, himself may have stood, well it's
      overwhelming to say the least
      Shining my flashlight, it becomes apparent, I'm in an accident tomb
      The emotion, I feel a calming feeing, that would tame the most
      infamous beast
      I could just sit here for ages, and leaving then, well for me, that
      would be too soon.

      To walk in the footsteps of the ancients, this means so very much to
      me
      Taking a wrong turn, the ground giving way beneath me
      Oh, my heart sings, this makes me as happy as can be
      I think to myself, Ramses, Dojsher, they could have walked right
      here, see.

      Maybe here, right here, I could be in the shadow of greatness
      In this place of death, I think maybe a Pharaoh and his queen might
      have walked
      I feel a special kind of feeling, this I must confess
      This feeling, being in a Egyptian tomb, to know this is where
      Egyptians, of long ago talked.

      I am very aware of what has been called the Mummy's curse
      Mold spores, developing within the air not disturbed for thousand of
      years
      But, if this the way I must die what better way than death's chariot
      brought on by the Mummy's curse
      To die in the shadows of greatness, well here I have no fears.

      I imagine, I am where the priests of Egypt, took most special pride
      In a tomb of royalty, where for them would have been such a great
      honor
      Here in this tomb, where a royal took death as his bride
      Here in the shadows of greatness, where much of modern man, has never
      stood before.
    • wolfsighs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2007
        Very evocative. Nice job.
        Melodie

        http://www.myspace.com/melodiebolt
        www.mcbolt.com

        "The well of Providence is deep. It's the buckets we bring to it that are small." -- Mary Webb
        --
        "It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere."
        -- Agnes Repplier