Shades of Gray (critique welcomed)

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2007

      There is no black and white
      but only shades of gray
      and all the lines are blurred
      all along the way.
    • Sasha
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
        "but do you start over
        or just start another day."

        I remember it well, and it was definitely a case of starting another
        day, for me...for a while, anyway. ;-)

        this is a well penned piece of poetry, Kim...wonderful and consistant
        rhyme and meter, throughout. I thoroughly enjoyed this poem, my
        friend, and I look forward to more. Blessed Be

        *hugs*

        Sasha xx
        Shadow Angel

        http://www.myspace.com/inkdipped
      • Kim Smiley
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2007
          Thank you. It was a poem written in a time when I finally started to
          understand that not everything has to fit into boxes. I had always been a
          person who thought in boxes, and in terms of black and white, yet I hated to
          have labels placed upon me. Only when I began to understand that the lines
          are blurred and the boxes intermingle, did I finally get that there is not
          black and white, merely shades of gray. It was a grand moment of clarity. I
          shall be sending in some more, soon. I have a back catalog of stuff that I
          haven't shown but a few that I would like to share with you all.

          Willow/Kim
          I will answer to either.

          On 2/28/07, Sasha <shadowangels7@...> wrote:

          > "but do you start over
          > or just start another day."
          >
          > I remember it well, and it was definitely a case of starting another
          > day, for me...for a while, anyway. ;-)
          >
          > this is a well penned piece of poetry, Kim...wonderful and consistant
          > rhyme and meter, throughout. I thoroughly enjoyed this poem, my
          > friend, and I look forward to more. Blessed Be
          >
          > *hugs*
          >
          > Sasha xx
          > Shadow Angel
          >
          > http://www.myspace.com/inkdipped

        • lillith19702004
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 21, 2007
            Poetry that points out life lessons are always good, especially when it
            flows well like this one. Thanx Kim. Lilli

            --- In PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <singingwillow22@...>