Re: [Pagan Poets Society] New Blood

  • JUDI GOULD
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
      Congrats on your publishing. Welcome. Jude

      sjorin <bmurphey@...> wrote: Merry Meet all,
      I'm new to the group. I've boasted poetry for a number of years and
      finally did something about it, publishing a book of Pagan Children's
      poetry called "A Child's Garden of Futhark". I know few pagan authors
      and fewer real poets, so I thought I'd join the group and meet some.

      Anyway, that's me looking forward to this.
      Blessed Be,
      Sjorin Mahada

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
        Welcome Sjorin.

        The group has been quiet recently.

        My poetry has appeared in Pan Gaia and Seasons of the Moon and will be in Sage Woman this later this year. I also write short fiction.

        I've found the best place to meet other poets (other than online) is at conventions and writers' groups.

        Melodie

        http://www.myspace.com/melodiebolt
        www.mcbolt.com

        "The well of Providence is deep. It's the buckets we bring to it that are small." -- Mary Webb
        --
        "It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere."
        -- Agnes Repplier

        I'm new to the group. I've boasted poetry for a number of years and
        finally did something about it, publishing a book of Pagan Children's
        poetry called "A Child's Garden of Futhark". I know few pagan authors
        and fewer real poets, so I thought I'd join the group and meet some.

        Anyway, that's me looking forward to this.
        Blessed Be,
        Sjorin Mahada

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Faye Allen
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
          Hi,
          I'm Faye and I joined this group months ago, I have to say I was beginning
          to wonder if anyone was still out there. I think it's not that the group has
          gone the way of the "white buffalo" but this is a time of year where most of
          us tend to spend our time in reflection. I know I, myself am coming off a
          bad year and I've spent the last few months in deep thought and meditation
          and reflection. I've written many entries into my computer journal including
          a "Binding Ritual" of which I will share with you guys later, it will be my
          first post to the group and would like any and all comments.
          I believe many of us just might be in the dark looking for the light. I know
          I am.

          On 1/28/07, JUDI GOULD <judealleycat@...> wrote:

          > Congrats on your publishing. Welcome. Jude
          >
          > sjorin <bmurphey@... <bmurphey%40hotmail.com>> wrote: Merry Meet
          > all,
          > I'm new to the group. I've boasted poetry for a number of years and
          > finally did something about it, publishing a book of Pagan Children's
          > poetry called "A Child's Garden of Futhark". I know few pagan authors
          > and fewer real poets, so I thought I'd join the group and meet some.
          >
          > Anyway, that's me looking forward to this.
          > Blessed Be,
          > Sjorin Mahada

          BB,
          Faye

        • Bradley Murphey
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            Hi there,
            You're not going to believe this, but I got a whole bunch of email from the
            group....TODAY. All the dates are right around the 28th of Jan, but I got
            none of them until now. Hi Melodie and anyone else that might be reading
            this.

            I have a book of Pagan Children's poetry on the market, called "A Child's
            Garden of Futhark". I'm going to be taking it off the market for awhile, as
            we're changing the focus and adding some new material and artwork. When it
            is re-released, all the proceeds will be going to support the Pentacle
            Rights movement (If you're unaware of it, let me know).

            So....as a shameless plug, I'll share one of the new peices, which will
            appear in the book.

            Cthulu Eats His Veggies

            Cthulu eats his veggies and that's the reason why
            He very rarely has a tummyache, like you or I
            He sneaks up on his dinner and gobbles it all down
            And feeling full is quite the thing to take away his frown
            He only complains that there never is enough
            Of Brocolli and brussels sprouts and beans and all that stuff
            "The brocolli looks like a tiny man with lots of hair
            And beans? I think they're 'human beans' and no, I will not share"
            So be a good Cthulu and eat up your pea pods
            And you just might grow up to be one of the Elder Gods

            Anders Schedin (B Murphey)
            Copyright 2006

            Hope you like it.