Death of a Queen

  • lanaia74
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006
      I don't really comprehend what's going on
      As I watch my queen hold her love as he dies
      A sight that sends chills to the very bone
      I look to my queen for answers my eyes filled with a thousand whys.

      You look at me with tears in your eyes and a solemn face
      The look on your face tells me our future
      Nothing said between us as I know there is no escape from this place
      I know from this place we must somehow deter.

      From the look on your face, you have come to the same conclusion as me
      We know we must escape the wrath of Octavian
      There has to be some way to escape that, see
      If we are caught we will be dragged through the streets of Rome,
      looking weak in the eyes of all that inhabit the region.

      My queen says,"I will die like a true Egyptian with pride the
      Egyptian way."
      We dress in our most expensive very best
      We must look our best for the Gods without delay
      We are about to embark on a long journey to a place we can finally
      rest.

      I sneak the asp in using a basket of figs, see
      You hold the asp letting him strike your breast
      I am your hand maiden, I will follow you even in death to serve you
      as it was meant to be
      Cleopatra, the queen far better known than the rest.