Healing Women

  • Kim Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2006
      Soul Sister,
      full of life's blisters.
      Allow them to show,
      let everyone know.
      It's O.K. to wounded,
      but first we must learn to heal.
      For it's how we know we are real.
      Real Women, Heart & Soul.
      Healers of humanity,
      for it's what we know.
      A broken heart can be mended.
      A broken body can heal.
      Open up your Spirit,
      We'll help each other through life's ordeals.
      Medicine Women,
      full of ambition.
      But remember ~
      We hurt too, just like you.
      We feel pain & sorrow.
      And sometimes we wonder,
      if there will be a better tomorrow.
      The secret of healing,
      is to never give up.
      For Today the harm that inflicts you,
      Tomorrow will be triumphed.
    • Michelle Akers

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2006
          Grainné
          Her hair is dyed
          A violent bloodthirsty orange-red.

          She is Grainné and her face
          Is framed by hungry flames.

          It is she who kills her mate!
          She who slays with a smile!
          Three-fold Queen of love and bliss!
          Hers the scourge!
          Hers the kiss!

          Her summer sun will scorch your lips,
          Parch your tongue, lift you higher.

          Her winter moon too cool to warm your blood,
          Fill your belly, feed your fire.

          Her tongue that coos as a dove
          will morph from pleasure-glove
          By degrees to acid-knife and
          Never flinch to take your life.

          It is she who sings of war!
          She who devours the dead!
          The bright twin of Battle Raven!
          Hers the living!
          Hers the dead!

          Her hair is dyed
          A violent bloodthirsty
          Shade of sword-gore red.

          She is Grainné and her face
          Is framed by hungry flames.

          by Star Foster

          perhaps not mythologically accurate but I kinda like it....

          "We went wrong in our response to 9/11, Roosevelt would have said we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Instead of that, our leaders exploited our … fears, and misled us." ---- George Soros

          "In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."
          --- Elwood P. Dowd "Harvey"

          "Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, "You Owe Me." Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." --Hafiz, 14th century Sufi Master

        • Kim Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
            Michelle ~ Thank You. As Women of this era it's unfortunate we all
            have to feel this way at times throughout our exsistance. Namaste &
            may many Blessings Be to all. Kim