Hephaistos

  • You can call me Flower if ya want to...
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      Hephaistos
      Ambidexter

      I,
      your daughter,
      seek you.

      I have so much to learn.
      In some wayside garage
      you'd give me Coke in green glass,
      teach me to adjust a manifold intake.

      We'd club-foot shuffle to B.B. King,
      sand red oak for a table,
      speak with action as much as word.
      Full silence in steady rhthym
      of hammer and anvil.

      Overclock a laptop,
      give it pimp-daddy speakers,
      fix heels on cowboy boots.

      At sunset we'd wash the grease and sawdust
      from our hands, rinse clean, bright.

      Over fresh salad and Greek wine
      you'd tell me not to worry.
      You never got the finer points
      of dating either...
    • midnitemgk
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2006
        I absolutely loved ur poem!! It seems like every poem I've ever
        written has been one that rhymes...hehe!!