Haiku Challenge

  • Deborah Voith
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 29, 2006
      Merry Meet fellow poets-

      My haiku contribution:

      I am infinite
      as stars dance delight my heart
      erasing sadness

      Bewitchingbee
    • Kristjaan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 26, 2009
        I will give it a try:

        Under the willow
        I laid down my head --
        wonderfull dreams

        Blessed Be,

        Kristjaan

        --- In PaganPoetsSociety@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Clark" <loreman1@...> wrote:

        > Merry Meet,
        > April is National Poetry Month. Therefore I thought I'd offer a
        > simple
        > Haiku challenge. A haiku is a three line poem of 5, 7, and 5
        > syllables.
        > So here's the challenge--I will give you the first 5 syllable line
        > and
        > everyone willing to give it a try can come up with the second line of
        > 7 syllables and the third line of 5 syllables.
        >
        > Here's the first line:
        >
        > 'Under the willow'
        >
        > Have fun and be creative.
        >
        > Merry Part and Goddess Bless,
        > Steph/Akrinaden Saille-Gwiazda
        >
        > P.S.--I shared this challenge with my Open Sesame Grovemates first
        > and
        > the response was amazing. So amazing that one of them asked if she
        > could share the challenge with other groups. I thought it was a
        > wonderful idea. So if you would like to share this challenge with
        > other groups you belong to as well, feel free to do so.

      • Nicole Hicks
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 26, 2009
          Here's my shot-

          Under the willow
          where the quiet shadows hide
          I weep silent tears.

          Nicole

          Nicole Hicks
          Staff Reviewer for Bitten by Books
          For reviews and a chance to meet the authors come to:
          http://bittenbybooks.com

          email-
          nicholandria@...

          Nicoles Beta Reaging Group
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NicolesBetaReadingGroup/

          ________________________________
          > April is National Poetry Month. Therefore I thought I'd offer a
          > simple
          > Haiku challenge. A haiku is a three line poem of 5, 7, and 5
          > syllables.
          > So here's the challenge--I will give you the first 5 syllable line
          > and
          > everyone willing to give it a try can come up with the second line of
          > 7 syllables and the third line of 5 syllables.
          >
          > Here's the first line:
          >
          > 'Under the willow'
          >
          > Have fun and be creative.
          >
          > Merry Part and Goddess Bless,
          > Steph/Akrinaden Saille-Gwiazda
          >
          > P.S.--I shared this challenge with my Open Sesame Grovemates first
          > and
          > the response was amazing. So amazing that one of them asked if she
          > could share the challenge with other groups. I thought it was a
          > wonderful idea. So if you would like to share this challenge with
          > other groups you belong to as well, feel free to do so.

        • Keith Leahy
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 27, 2009
            Here's my attempt:

            Under the willow
            with the frosted bare branches
            I invoke thy name

            sailordada_99
            Keith

            On Jun 26, 2009, at 10:50 PM, Nicole Hicks wrote:

            > Here's my shot-
            >
            > Under the willow
            > where the quiet shadows hide
            > I weep silent tears.
            >
            > Nicole
            >
            > Nicole Hicks
            > Staff Reviewer for Bitten by Books
            > For reviews and a chance to meet the authors come to:
            > http://bittenbybooks.com
            >
            > email-
            > nicholandria@...
            >
            > Nicoles Beta Reaging Group
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NicolesBetaReadingGroup/
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Barbara Bolek
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 28, 2009
              Under the willowas soft branches caress methe healing begins
              Knowledge is power. (Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est)
              --Sir Francis Bacon, Meditationes Sacr�. DeH�resibus. (1597) English author, courtier, & philosopher (1561 - 1626)

              Barbara Bolek, Assoc. Librarian

            • Serah Balgobin
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 29, 2009
                Under the willow,
                Hides the magickal realm
                There is where I reside

                On Jun 26, 2009, at 10:50 PM, Nicole Hicks wrote:

                > Here's my shot-
                >
                > Under the willow
                > where the quiet shadows hide
                > I weep silent tears.
                >
                > Nicole
                >
                > Nicole Hicks
                > Staff Reviewer for Bitten by Books
                > For reviews and a chance to meet the authors come to:
                > http://bittenbybook s.com
                >
                > email-
                > nicholandria@ yahoo.com
                >
                > Nicoles Beta Reaging Group